Probable Causes Of Fire
It is quite difficult to pinpoint the exact cause o the fire in railway coaches due to extensive damages and only general observations are available. There are variety of reasons which may be a source of initialization of fire, some of them are mentioned below-
- Carrying Inflammable goods like the stove, gas cylinder, kerosene oil, petrol, fireworks etc. in passenger coaches.
- Making fire/ using fire near paper, wood, petrol or such other inflammable articles. Kerosene Stove
- Throwing waste material outside the dustbin near the door. Non-removal of garbage from pantry car/coaches
- Malpractices like carelessly thrown lighted matchsticks, cigarette butts, Bidi butts etc.
- Leakages/ Blasts of Pantry Gas Cylinders.
- Careless storage of inflammable materials like newspapers, edible oil etc. in pantry cars.
- Insertion of cigarette butts, Bidi butts, Gutkha wrapper etc. in fan base, fuse distribution board, roof openings.
- Sabotage / Discrepancy.
- Mishandling/ careless use of pantry equipment by pantry car staff.
- Panic has also been noticed to have been caused among the passengers due to smoke emission due to break binding/ hot axle.