LHB Coaches And FIAT Bogie:
Double Decker AC Chair Car:
- Designed by RDSO, Lucknow
- Manufactured by RCF, Kapurthala
- 128 seating capacity
- Oscillation trails successfully conducted up to 180 kmph
- Certified to run up to 160 kmph
- Disc brake
- FIAT bogie with air springs
- LED destination board
- Start working on Zonal Railways.
- FIAT BOGIE:
Features of LHB/FIAT coaches are as under:
- Shell manufactured by LHB and bogie by FIAT
- Speed potential 160 kmph can be raised to 200 kmph
- AAR ‘H’ Type tight lock coupler
- Window with double glazing with inert gas in between
- Noise and heat insulation
- Two microprocessor roof mounted air-conditioned unit
- Axle mounted EP type disc brake with wheel slide protection
- Interlocking type of joint between vertical and longitudinal stiffener
- Use of stainless steel to minimise corrosion
- Modular design interior
- Hygienic toilets with controlled discharge
- Cartridge roller bearings
Preventive maintenance schedules:
Preventive maintenance schedules followed for coaching stock in the form of examination and repair and POH are :
- Trip Schedule (Primary and Secondary maint. ). – Every trip.
- Schedule “A” by primary maintenance depot. – (Monthly) +/- 3 days
- Schedule “B” – (do – Quarterly) +/- 7 days
- Schedule “C” – (do – Half-Yearly) replaced by IOH – 9 months +30/-0 days
- POH by Coach Repair Workshop of Owning Rly.
- POH Periodicity of Coaches
- POH Schedule (New)
Major items attended during trip Schedule- Time allowed in 6 hours (to be done at washing line)
Washing & Cleaning
- Oiling if required (oiling to be done every 15 days)
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Wheel, suspension, draw & buffing gear examination.
- Change brake block, if needed, and adjust brake rigging
- Alarm signal apparatus testing.
- Examine and provide passenger amenity fittings.
- Check for proper flow of water in all pipes
“A” Schedule ( to be done on the washing line) :
- All items of trip examination.
- Flush water tanks.
- Disinfection of coach.
- Check train pipe & brake system for leakage.
- Grease alarm chain apparatus.
- Clean Direct Admission Valve.
- Examine & replace brake gear pins.
- Check & fill oil in ICF side bearers & dashpots.
“B” Schedule (at washing line) :
- All items of “A” schedule.
- Overhaul alarm testing apparatus, release valve.
- Touch up painting.
- Check and fill oil in ICF side bearers.
- “IOH’ Schedule – The coach is to be marked sick and taken to the sick line for this schedule:
- All items of “B” Schedule.
- Lift coach, Run out bogies, Overhaul bogies./ Use workshop overhauled bogie
- Painting if, needed.
- Overhaul Vacuum cylinder.
- Check slack adjuster, shock absorbers etc.
- Check & repair vestibules.
- Corrosion repair.
- Brake system
- Draw/ Buffing gear