JOURNEY CARD TICKETS:
SINGLE JOURNEY TICKET:
- It is issued to perform a single journey.
It contains the following details:
- From and to stations
- Distance in kilometers & Fare in Rupees.
- Mail/Express or Ordinary
- Ticket Number & Month and Year of supply
- A red waved band in case of foreign ticket
- Code initials of the issuing Railway in the back of the ticket
- In Second class ticket from and to is printed in three languages.
- For other classes, it is printed in Hindi and English.
- At the time of issue, the ticket must be dated on the face of the ticket.
RETURN JOURNEY TICKET:
- It is issued for performing both outward and return journeys.
- Each ticket will have two portions for outward and return directions.
Letter “R” is printed on the return journey portion.
- In the destination, the “R’ portion is cut and returned to the passenger.
At the time of issue, the ticket should be dated on both ends on the reverse.
- Ordinary return tickets issued over Suburban section are valid up to the next day.
- If the next day is a Sunday or Public Holiday, the ticket will be valid for return journey till the working day immediately following such holiday
2 / 4 / 6 ADULT TICKET:
- This ticket is issued only in Reservation office.
- It is issued when reservation is given for a group of 2 or 4 or 6 passengers.
- The number of passengers permitted is printed on the ticket.
- This ticket helps to give quick reservation and saves time.
A Combined class/ train ticket can be issued only when the Railways cannot provide the same class/type of service for the entire journey and fare collected as follows:
- Fare calculated individually for the portions of a journey in respective classes.
- If more than one portion of the journey is by the same type of class and train, such portions can be treated as one portion by adding the distances.
- If fare for the entire journey by the higher class/train is less than the combined fare, only the fare by the higher class/train should be collected.
- Luggage free allowance and color of ticket will be as for the higher
STANDARD CIRCULAR JOURNEY TICKET:
- This ticket is issued for “Standard tours” covering the Holy places/pilgrim centers/tourist spots.
- The ticket holder is permitted to break journey a maximum of eight times within the period of validity.
- They are not permitted to travel on a section more than once unless specified.
- Reservation charges are collected for every leg of the journey.
- Supplementary charges once paid will be valid for the entire validity period.
- Two Safety surcharge to be collected treating it as two single journeys.
CHECK SOLDIER TICKET:
- This ticket is issued in exchange for Military warrant IAFT 1752.
Types of CST:
- Local CST Single
- Local CST Return
- Foreign CST Single
- Foreign CST Return
- The name of the designation station is not printed in this ticket.
- It is issued for 2A, Ist, SL & II classes with stub portion of a warrant.
CST is valid only with the stub portion of the warrant.
- The warrant is treated as a voucher for the actual fare and sent to the cash office.
- Reservation charge, Safety surcharge, and supplementary charges have to be levied and debited to the Ministry of Defence.
- Luggage Free allowance – 40 kg. per adult for all classes.
ATTENDANT TICKET (C.T. 239 – 241) (IRCM 249, 250):
- An attendant is a person employed on salary for the personal service of the passenger.
- A Lady attendant of a Lady Passenger permitted in FC on following conditions:
- No other lady passenger is available in the compartment.
- The attendant can travel in I-class only between 20.00 Hrs & 06.00 Hrs.
- No separate berth will be allotted.
- The attendant must return to II-class if another lady passenger joins en route.
- An attendant is permitted to enter the higher class to serve his master or mistress without causing any inconvenience to other passengers.
- The separate ticket is issued for Attendants, marked as “Attendant”.
SEASON TICKET (C.T. 242):
It is issued in I and II classes separately for adult and child for monthly and quarterly periods and charged as follows:
- Child Season ticket – Half of adult fare.
- Quarterly Season ticket – 2.7 times Monthly Season ticket fare.
- First Class Season Ticket – 4 times Second class season ticket fare.
- The minimum fare for II MST is Rs. 60/-.
- The ST contains the details of stations between which available, class, fare etc.
The following details are written by the Booking Clerk at the time of issue:
- Name of the passenger
- Sex and age
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Identity card Number
A photo identity card is issued to the passenger, Seal, and signature of the S.M. will be affixed cross the photo, which will be partly in the photo and partly on the I/C card.The identity card and plastic cover cost Re. 1/- eachThe passenger should carry the photo identity card with the ST while traveling.The identity card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.The passenger should sign the ticket before commencing the journey.
Safety surcharge: Rs. 10/- for II MST and Rs. 20/- for I MST and 3 times for QST.
The season ticket can be renewed up to 10 days in advance of the date of expiry at either of the stations.
Season ticket holders will be treated as traveling without the ticket if:
They have more than one season ticket to overcome distance restriction.
- They travel without the Identity card.
- They travel in reserved coaches, except in notified sections.
- Season ticket holders are permitted to travel by Superfast trains on payment of Supplementary charges.
- Season ticket holders can break journey anywhere.
- No refund is to be allowed on season tickets under any circumstances.
INDRAIL PASS TICKET:
This ticket is issued to the following persons
- Foreigners with the valid passport.
- Non-resident Indians.
- Indian wives of foreigners.
- Tourist guides with foreign tourists.
- It is issued for adult and child for a period of 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 7, 15, 21, 30, 60 and 90 days.
- Fare is printed in US dollars and fare collected in US $, UK Pounds and Euro.
Colour of ticket:
- AC I Class – Blue
- 2A/3A/CC/FC – Green
- II/SL Class – Yellow
At the time of issue the following details are to be filled by the Booking clerk:
- Name of the Passenger Country
- Passport Number
- First day of commencement of journey
- Last day of completion of journey
- Signature of the Booking clerk with Station stamp.
Facilities are given to an Indrail Pass holder:
- Can travel from any station to any station
- Can travel by all trains including Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains
- Need not pay Reservation charges
- Need not pay Supplementary charges
- Need not pay Meals charge by Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains
- Can Break journey anywhere.
- Can make reservation 360 days in advance.
- Separate Foreign tourist Quota available.
- Given preference in Emergency Quota.
- For travel in Higher class, a difference in fare for the portion of the journey in the Higher class is collected in Indian currency.
- Any Refund/Balance amount given in Indian currency only.
- Students should produce a concession order from the Head of the institution.
- The concession order is valid for 14 days from the date of issue.
- Luggage on Season ticket.