Classification Of Fires – Types Of Fire Extinguishers – Steps To Use a DCP
CLASSIFICATION OF FIRES:
- Fires are classified according to the type of fuel that is burning.
- If you use the wrong type of fire extinguisher on the wrong class of fire, you might make matters worse.
- It is very important to understand the four different fire (fuel) classification
- paper, cloth
- plastics—solids that are not metals
- Flammable liquids—gasoline
- Aceton Includes flammable gases.
- Electrical—energized electrical equipment (as long as it’s “plugged in” or supply ON)
- Requires Metal-X, foam, and other special extinguishing agents
Types Of Fire Extinguishers:
Different types of fire extinguishers are designed to fight different classes of fire
The are three most common types of fire extinguishers are:
- Water (APW)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2
- Dry Chemical (ABC, BC, DC)
Steps to Use a DCP Type Fire Extinguisher:
There are four important steps you must know to correctly use a fire extinguisher.The PASS method can help you to easily remember those steps.