Buckling Of Track:
SWITCH EXPANSION JOINT (SEJ):
Switch Expansion Joint is an expansion joint installed at each end of LWR, CWR to permit expansion, contraction of the adjoining breathing lengths due to temperature variations.
BUCKLING OF TRACK:
- Bucking or a tendency towards bucking may occur, among others, in the following circumstances.
- Failure to adhere to the temperature ranges specified for operation on LWR/CWR
- Inadequate resistance to longitudinal, lateral and vertical movement of the track due to deficiencies in ballast section or/and inadequate ballast consolidation.
- Use of ineffective fastenings or missing fastening resulting in loss of creep resistance and torsional resistance
- Excessive settlement of formation.
- Improper functioning of SEJ