Skip to content
- An environment-Friendly Toilet System
- Green toilet aims at – Zero – defecation on the ground
- Problem with present system– Discharge on track creates environmental problems as well as the problem in working to work man.
- Bio Toilet – Bio-digester is provided, effluent is discharged on track after biodegradation
- A multi-directional strategy has been implemented for adoption in IR Passenger Coaches.
- MOU has been signed with DRDO for joint technology development
- The first rake with bio-toilets developed by DRDO is running in Bundelkhand Express since 18th January -2011.
- No bad smell in toilets from the tanks
- No infestation of Cockroaches & flies
- Fecal matter in the tank not visible
- No clogging of digester
- Effluent is free from off odor and solid waste
- No maintenance required
- Reduction in organic matter by 90%
- No requirement of adding bacteria/ enzyme
- No need of removal of solid waste