Fixtures And Fastenings:
Fixtures and fastenings are fitting to require for joining of rails end to end and also for fixing the rails to sleepers on a track.
FUNCTIONS OF FIXTURES AND FASTENINGS:
- To join the rails end to end to form full length of track
- To fix the rails to sleepers.
- To maintain the correct alignment of the track.
- To provide proper expansion gap between rails.
- To maintain the required tilt of rails.
- To set the points and crossings in the proper position.
TYPES OF FIXTURES AND FASTENING:
- Fish plates
- Bearing plates