Skip to content
DOs AND DON’Ts:
- Keep the fire extinguishers in clean condition. There should be no sharp bend in.
- Train on board staff shall be conversant with the emergency window positions in the different type of coaches. It should be displayed properly. Passengers should also be counseled.
- Pantry staff should keep the pantry stove platform clean and no foreign material shall be left on it.
- Do not stack material in pantry car corridor it should be clear for easy movement in case of an emergency exit.
- Do not keep bedrolls, etc. in vestibules, for easy movement in case of an emergency exit. It can also be a source of fire if any lighted cigarette/ bidi, matchstick etc. is thrown by passengers.
- Do not throw waste material (polythene bags, wrappers, papers etc. near/outside the dustbin/ in the vestibule. These materials may also be a source of fire if any lighted cigarette/ bidi, matchstick etc. is thrown by passengers.
- Do not store inflammable material like newspapers, empty paper boxes in the pantry as these items may add as combustible material in case of fire which may intense the fire.
Do not keep combustible material like poly bags, paper, edible oil etc. near electrical panel/switchboard in the pantry.
- Do not allow smoking on the train, if you see any person doing so stop him immediately.
- Do not plug extra load or loose wire on socket provided in pantry car or in mobile charging socket.
- Do not allow any un-authorized vendor on the train or at platforms. Check all vendors for their material to check cigarettes/ Bidi etc.with them.
- Ensure availability of hammer in hammer box provided for breaking window glass in an emergency. The glass cover shall be of slide type so that it can be removed easily whenever required.
- Do not fix hammer firmly it will take time and require a screwdriver to remove in case of an emergency.
- Ensure availability of fire extinguishers at easily visible and accessible places. They shall not be placed in locked cupboards.
- Do not hang any material/ bucket etc. on LPG pipelines in pantry cars.
- Ensure the isolating cock of LPG line is in OFF condition when not in use in pantry car.
- Do not keep inflammable material like edible oil tin/ can etc. near gas burner/stove.
- Ensure proper instructions for opening emergency window are displayed (painted/stickers) near emergency windows.
- Don’t keep empty cartons, gunny bags, plastic crates/ bags or other material in LPG chamber.